For this school year, Junior Kindergarten, your child must be 4 years of age by December 31st, 2016. For Senior Kindergarten, your child must be 5 years of age by December 31st, 2016.
For the next school year, 2017-2018 Junior Kindergarten, your child must be 4 years of age by December 31st, 2017. For Senior Kindergarten, your child must be 5 years of age by December 31st, 2017.
Kindergarten Registration for 2017-2018 takes place starting January 9th, 2017. To register, please bring with you; proof of birth (i.e. passport, birth certificate), immunization record and proof of address (i.e. driver’s licence, piece of mail).
IMPORTANT INFORMATION! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
The Junior Kindergarten registration process for the upcoming 2017-18 school year has changed. The changes are as follows:
- The JK registration window for ALL new JK registrants for the 2017-18 school year will begin on January 9, 2017.
- Parents will now need to indicate on the registration form whether their child is registering for ‘Regular English Track’ or ‘French Immersion’. This section of the Registration Form is pictured below:
The remaining changes apply only for parents/guardians wishing to register their child for the UGDSB’s French Immersion program.
- Junior Kindergarten is the only access point to French Immersion as of September 2017. For the 2017-18 school year, those are children born in 2013.
- A deadline has been created to determine on-time JK French Immersion registrations. An on-time JK FI registration is one that has been fully completed with supporting birth and address documentation by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday Jan. 26, 2017. Registration forms that are completed after the deadline passes will be considered ‘late’ and will only be processed after all on-time registrations have been processed.
- A Junior Kindergarten FI enrollment cap is in place for each of our French Immersion sites.
École Arbour Vista – 40 Edward Johnson – 46 FA Hamilton – 35
École Guelph Lake – 60 John McCrae – 46 École King George – 46
Paisley Road – 46 Victory – 30 École Harris Mill – 30
James McQueen – 50 Princess Elizabeth – 90 Brisbane – 40
Palmerston – 30
- If the number of on-time JK FI registrants exceeds the school’s enrollment cap, a school-based random selection process will be initiated. Siblings of students currently enrolled in French Immersion in UGDSB will be prioritized during this process.
- If needed, the school-based random selection process will occur on or before Friday, February 10, 2017. A list of schools that require the initiation of a random selection process will be posted on the Board’s website at www.ugdsb.ca.
- The random selection process will take place in the presence of a 3rd party scrutineer to maintain process integrity.
- Parents will be informed of their child’s registration status as either registered at their home FI school or on a wait-list on Tuesday Feb. 28, 2017, by email.
Registration for French Immersion Junior Kindergarten IS NOT prioritized on a first-come, first-served basis. As long as a French Immersion Junior Kindergarten registration is FULLY complete and submitted to the school office before 4:00 p.m. on Thursday Jan. 26, 2017, it will be considered on-time. On-time registration can occur anytime between Monday Jan. 9 at 9:00 a.m. and Thursday Jan. 26 at 4:00 p.m.
A Junior Kindergarten French Immersion Registration information night has been scheduled at Fred A. Hamilton November 16 and John McCrae on November 28th from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Please visit our Board’s website at www.ugdsb.ca/jkfi for information and updates on JK Registration. You may also subscribe to the French Immersion site to receive notification when the site has been updated. Finally, a dedicated email address has been set up at firstname.lastname@example.org to answer any general questions you may have regarding the new JK FI registration process.
Heather Broddy Peter LeBlanc
Principal F.S.L. Lead
Calendars and Information