Course Selection is completed in February of every school year.
It is very important that students, along with their parents, make informed choices so that their next year’s timetable is a reflection of the student’s abilities, interests and graduation requirements. Students are encouraged to speak to teachers and guidance about any questions they have about courses. The decision students make about their courses now, will determine what courses run next year and how our timetable looks.
Grade 8 Course Selections Due: Friday, February 14
Grade 9-12 Course Selections Due: Monday, February 24
Course offerings and course descriptions are available in myBlueprint. All course selections must be completed through myBlueprint (which is available through the ugcloud).
How do I find out more about course descriptions and offeringS?
- all courses have descriptions posted in myBlueprint (access through your ugcloud account)
- refer to course descriptions posted by subject below
- Grade 9s will attend an assembly to learn more about their grade 10 options in the month of February
- Grade 10s will attend an assembly to learn about senior level courses and pathways in the month of February
- A course fair will take place mid-February, where students can ask subject area teachers about options and course content
- courses offered chart, deadlines and other important details will be sent home with students during the first week of semester 2
Westside is offering the following courses next school year: 2020 2021 Courses Offered Chart
Course Descriptions by Subject Area
- Business Course Descriptions
- Canadian And World Studies Course Descriptions
- Computer Studies Course Descriptions
- Cooperative Education Course Descriptions
- Fine Arts Course Descriptions
- First Nations, Metis And Inuit Studies Course Calendar
- French As A Second Language Course Descriptions
- Guidance And Career Education Course Descriptions
- Health And Physical Education Course Descriptions
- Mathematics Course Descriptions
- Science Course Options And Pathway Chart
- Social Sciences And Humanities Course Descriptions
- Technology Course Descriptions