Follow Guidance Information on Twitter: @WSSGuidance
Looking for more information about the courses we offer? Please click on the links below for course descriptions.
- Technological Education
- Health and Physical Education
- Co-Operative Education
- The Arts Course Offerings
- Geography, History and FNMI Studies
- Social Sciences & The Humanities
If you have questions please contact the Guidance Department:
- Mr. Brad Sippel: email@example.com or 519-938-9355 x265
- Mrs. Christine Kirkland: firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-938-9355 x266
University and College Information
University Application Deadline: January 16, 2019
College Application Deadline: February 1, 2019
Are you headed to College or University in the fall and need some financial assistance? Here are some useful links and local bursary and/or scholarship applications:
- 30% off tuition, sponsored by the Ministry of Education: http://www.ontario.ca/education-and-training/30-off-ontario-tuition– Not a loan, so no need to repay!
- www.osap.gov.on.ca (student loans from the Ontario Government)
- Royal Canadian Legion Bursary
- Dufferin County Scholarship – 5 $2 500 scholarships awarded. One in each of the following areas: Science & Technology, Arts, Business & Social Sciences, Agricultural and Skilled Trades & Applied Training
- IODE Bursary – $500 – 1 available from all Dufferin Schools.
- Dufferin Women’s Institute Scholarship – $250, Awarded at Westside’s Commencement. Must be attending a post-secondary institution.
- Hockley Valley Women’s Institute Bursary – Awarded at Westside’s Commencement. Must be attending COLLEGE in the fall.
- Dufferin Arts Council Scholarship – Due July 1 each calendar year.
- Dufferin Federation of Agriculture Bursary
- Kin Canada Bursary: Due Annually February 1 www.bursary.ca
- Hope Springs Spiritual Warrior Scholarship http://www.hopespring.ca/about_us/spiritualwarrior (Due the end of April every year, see the link for this year’s date)
- Horticultural Scholarship from Landscape Ontario: www.horttrades.com/scholarship
Please remember to check out the financial aid section at the College or University where you are planning on attending in the fall!