CELP – Community Environmental Leadership Program
Student Application Document * students must be logged into their ugcloud accounts for this link to work
The Community Environmental Leadership Program (CELP) is a Grade 10 4 credit program whose topic matter is integrated into a unique opportunity for experiential learning outside the typical classroom. Science, literature, and physical well-being will be explored both in traditional settings, as well as outdoor settings such as camping trips, biking, hiking and leadership opportunities. This four credit interdisciplinary program will focus on community, collaboration, critical thinking and character.
CELP is a unique opportunity to develop self-confidence, a sense of responsibility, leadership and team building skills in a non-traditional education experience.
Students will earn the following credits:
- Grade 10 Science (Academic or Applied)
- Grade 10 Civics (0.5 credit compulsory) / Careers (0.5 credit compulsory)
- Grade 10 Outdoor Education
- Grade 11 English: Aboriginal Voices (University or College – this can count as grade 11 compulsory English credit)
Course fee: $500 – $600
Students participating in this program should choose the following in myBlueprint:
- Compulsory Grade 10 English, History and Math credits
- One optional choice