Pass The Test Program
TO: Parents/Guardians and Students Eligible to Write the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test
Each year the Education Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO) conducts the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test (OSSLT). This provincial test measures the performance of Grade 10 students, or those who have not yet been successful on the test, on the reading and writing expectations in all subjects up to and including grade 9. Successful completion of the OSSLT is a graduation requirement.
The Upper Grand District School Board is providing an opportunity to prepare for the test, which will be administered on March 31st, 2020. It is a chance to spend 15 hours improving reading and writing skills with the help of trained instructors.
- a voluntary non-credit 15 hour course called “Pass the Test Program”
- the course provides direct classroom instruction on the tasks of the OSSLT, with help from trained teachers
- the course supplements and extends a short test-preparation unit offered in the school for grade 10 or 11 students
- at each secondary school
- free, all resources are provided
- for students enrolled in an UGDSB secondary school who are eligible to write the OSSLT, or who will re-take the test in March, 2019
- offered through the combined effort of UGDSB Program Department, UGDSB Continuing Education Department, and the school
- 1 ½ hour sessions, 2 afternoons per week starting in February – allow 5 weeks for the program
- transportation is the responsibility of parents/guardians
- Please contact Kristi Will, 519-938-9355 ext. 271