Reduced speed zones to be introduced near Westwood
June 7, 2017
GUELPH, Ontario – The City of Guelph has informed the board that new reduced speed zones are coming to several streets around Guelph schools.
Last month, Guelph City Council approved the addition of new reduced speed school zones.
Several UGDSB elementary schools are affected by the decision, including our school. New 30 km/h speeds zones will be introduced at:
- École Guelph Lake PS, on Couling Crescent and Severn Drive
- École Arbor Vista PS, on McCann Street
- King George PS, on Metcalfe Street and St. Catharine Street
- Westwood PS, on Westwood Road
- Waverley Drive PS, on Windsor Street
- Westminster Woods PS, on Hall Avenue
Also, affecting Priory Park PS, Scottsdale Drive will no longer be a 30 km/h speed zone. Instead, the street will be equipped with a 40 km/h flashing signal, restricting the street to 40 km/h during school hours.
The target date to have all the speed zone changes in effect is September 2017.
For more information, please contact the City of Guelph’s Manager of Transportation Services, Allister McIlveen, at email@example.com.