Are You Currently in Grade 9?
Do you want to apply for Grade 10 CELP for semester 1 or 2 next year?
NOTE: YOU MUST DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION BEFORE FILLING IT OUT OR YOU WILL LOSE ALL WORK! Applications need to be completed and submitted by the last day of course selection for your home school. Applications should be submitted to your guidance department. Start now! The application process involves a personal information form, a letter of introduction, a teacher reference and a copy of your transcript.
Talk to your guidance counselor about how to fill in your option sheet to get CELP on your schedule for next year
Are You Currently in Grade 11 or 12?
Do you want to apply for Grade 12 Headwaters for next year?
Applications are due FEB. 27th, 2020
The application involves an information and statement of interest form, a teacher reference and a copy of your transcript. You must send your teacher reference the link to the reference form and arrange for a transcript to be sent to Katie Gad ([email protected])
Talk to your guidance counsellor to get Headwaters on your schedule for next year.
Bursary Applications Available
Application Philosophy and Process
We believe that the most successful CELP or Headwaters class is a mix of different kinds of students. It should be a reflection of the diversity in our community. We do, however, need students to have the following characteristics:
- Punctuality and Handing in items complete and on time:
We are looking for students who demonstrate these skills and feel they are important in CELP Programs.
- Responsibility and Commitment
As CELP Programs have many moments where students are placed in positions of responsibility, we feel that the application process will demonstrate this.
- Academic Commitment
As CELP takes place in an off-campus setting and students are involved in many projects, students are expected to take reskeep organized and up-to-date on all assignments for CELP courses.
How does the selection process work?
All applicants who have met the deadline will be considered. Students who did not completed the entire package will be eliminated. The selection process will occur in the following order:
- Applications will be read by teachers in the CELP program and will be evaluated by a rubric. Students will be assigned a level factored into an overall ranking.
- Teacher Reference forms for the top applicants will be scored with a number based on the questions being asked. We will also consider any concerns or outstanding reasons why a teacher may or may not recommend a student at this time.
- The CELP and Headwaters teachers will then, together, arrive at a final group of students for CELP with a waiting list of 4 students and full class of Headwaters students with a waiting list of 2. Additional sections may be added dependent on numbers. Acceptance emails will be sent out to successful candidates in late April. Mandatory parent’s meetings will be held in June (for fall semester) and December (for winter semester) where an initial deposit will be collected. Students on the waiting list and students who have not been accepted will be notified by email.