MVPS Top Ten Important Reminders
Good morning, Parents and Guardians,
In an effort to clarify a few very important changes for the beginning of the year, we have created a top 10 list of important reminders.
Top 10 things to remember for going back to school at Montgomery Village PS:
1) Teachers will phone families on the 8th and 9th of September to let students know what class they are in. This may appear as a blocked number, but please make sure you answer.
2) Arrive just in time for school to start (8:35 AM). Look for the cone that will indicate your classroom. Please stay in the area of that cone. Your child’s teacher will be there to help. Please remember to follow the staggered entry calendar on our website and to socially distance.
3) Avoid parking at or around the school if at all possible. You may use the Alder Community Center parking lot by the soccer fields.
4) The bus lane at the front of the school is closed to all but those students receiving board transportation, or those who require an accessible parking spot because of a disability.
5) Students may not leave school property during nutrition break unless parents have given them permission by using the electronic form provided. https://forms.gle/1GdH7oRMm57nRjqU7
6) Parents must screen their children prior to coming to school. If your child is sick, they cannot come to school. If they show signs of sickness at school, they will have to be picked up right away. Self-screening tool: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/
7) Please send in multiple masks for your children. It is recommended that extra masks can be stored in paper bags.
8) Parents must phone the main office if their child is going to be late, sick, or away from school. You may let your teacher know, but the call to the main office must be made 519-940-3002.
9) If you have a Chromebook at home that was borrowed during our time of distance learning, please bring it to the first day of school on the 10th and 11th of September depending on your alphabetical group.
10) Parents are not permitted in the school building as per direction from Public Health. Please contact the school at 519-940-3002 if you need help. If your child requires accommodations with masks, please come to the front doors of the school on the first day of your child’s attendance. Also, if you have Plans Of Care (Life Threatening Management Plan), or require medication to be given at school, please come to the front door to turn in those plans.
We are very excited about seeing our students again.
Montgomery Village Staff