UGDSB hosting final PIC parent engagement event, focusing on Special Education
March 5, 2021
GUELPH, Ontario – The Upper Grand District School Board and Parent Involvement Committee (PIC) announced earlier this year that they would be hosting three virtual events for parents/guardians throughout the school year.
Following the success of the first two events, the board and PIC are pleased to announce the April 8, 2021, event. This online event will run from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
April Event Information:
April 8, 2021 – Navigating Special Education. This event features five breakout session topics, with participants given the option to select two sessions to attend.
Breakout session topics are:
- Supporting Newcomer Families and Students
- Supporting Successful Student Transitions for Students with Special Education Needs
- Individual Education Plans-Supports For Students With Special Education Needs
- Pyramid of Intervention-Systems and Teams In Place to Support Students who Struggle
- Community Connections and Partners-Supports for Students and Families
To sign up for this event, please visit: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/navigating-special-education-in-the-ugdsb-tickets-143823330453