CMES Kiss & Ride: Please Help
November 15, 2016
Credit Meadows Elementary SchoolKiss & Ride Program
Dear Parents and Guardians,
The safety of our CMES students is important to us all. We have a Kiss & Ride Program at CMES. We are asking for your help in supporting this safety initiative by following the expectations for the Kiss & Ride. We have approximately 400 students attending CMES. We need everyone’s cooperation for this program to run safely and smoothly.
Be patient when entering the Kiss & Ride zone in front of the school. It is only one lane and we ask that you not enter if you are in a hurry. Thank you for not blowing horns, following the rules, and for being respectful to other parents and school staff who will be directing the traffic through the Kiss & Ride zone. Failure to follow the rules and being disrespectful to staff, may result in closing the parking lot and/or calling the police department for help reinforcing the expectations of the Kiss & Ride Program.
The Kiss & Ride Program is intended for parents who are dropping off or picking up their child(ren) in a timely manner. Parents and caregivers are not to park their car and leave it unattended. If you want to walk your child to the playground entrance, we ask that you park in the lower parking lot or consider parking a short distance from the school and walk. Please respect the following rules:
1. Obey the rules of the road, cross walk, and speed limits.
2. Have your child(ren) enter/exit your car curb side/sidewalk/passenger side.
3. Do not leave your car unattended.
4. The Kiss & Ride is one lane and one way only.
5. Have your child’s backpack and belongings ready to exit the car.
6. Parents not wishing to use the Kiss & Ride must park in the lower parking lot to the right of the building or park off-site in appropriate areas
.7. Review the expectations with your child(ren) so that they know what to expect and this will help with the transition from your car into the school yard.
8. If your child(ren) is not ready to transition to the school yard, we ask that you leave the Kiss & Ride zone and park in the lower parking lot.
9. This Kiss & Ride Program will be monitored and changes will be made if needed for the safety of our students.
Thank you for helping to support this initiative and for assisting us in keeping all our CMES students safe.
Ms. Lagundzija-deFreitas(Ms. L.) & Mrs. Papavasiliou (Mrs. PapaV)