EPSAC Minutes – Tuesday, February 22, 2022
February 22, 2022
Present: Bhumika Munroe, Paul Tribe, Jeff Murray, Jacqueline Nyman, Angela Murray, Christa Ormiston, Allison Semanyk, Tia Marttala, Jenny Broadfoot, Stephanie Moddison, Blaire Comacchio, Heidi Muller, Marya Morrison
- Welcome & Introductions
- Update from Principal
Principal’s Report – Tuesday, February 22, 2022 @ 7:00 PM
- The Absence Pilot seems to be working. Check the following link as the numbers change every day: https://www.ugdsb.ca/community/coronavirus/2021-22-school-operations/daily-absence-tracking-pilot/
- Does not include bus cancellation days
- Communication. I have transitioned to using UGConnect from the old CASL email program that will be decommissioned at the end of December. I hope all of you are getting my messages. I will continue to post these on the Facebook page and onto our Website. I do Tweet a few things, as well.
- In-Person Assemblies still remain on hold.
- Inclement Weather Procedure. This has been reviewed and updated. Please feel free to go to the following link for a complete description. https://www.ugdsb.ca/blog/information-about-bus-cancellations-and-remote-learning-on-inclement-weather-days/
- No food delivery on bus cancellation days
- I apologize for the flurry of emails. As we move forward, though, it will be important to keep you as informed as possible.
- I had sent out an email last week about how we are proceeding with the relaxing of rules. It will be a slow and careful process. Visitors, at this point, are only those considered to be essential. I am sure more information will come out soon.
- Milk and food seems to be going smoothly, when Mother Nature allows it.
- Report cards – no requirement to send anything back. They can be downloaded from the parent portal. Please contact your child’s teacher if you have any questions or concerns.
- No financial report tonight – Update from bottle drive we raised $547.60 and will be deposited this week.
- Chicken dinner – Form separate committee – Marya will start an email group with those interested.
- Suggested timing is early may to coincide with planting season and busy farm families.
- Jenny has made contact with the church group that ran the fundraiser and has more detailed information on sourcing, pricing and contact information.
- We will start a small group of those interested in continuing and running this fundraiser.
- Music lessons in school
- Idea from Heather to bring a musician into the school one day a week and parents can pay for lessons. Students would be removed from class to take a music lesson.
Ms. Nyman explained that space within the school right is limited. Also, no outside visitors are currently allowed into the school. This is a great idea to be revisited in the future. Potential suggestion was to have the lessons after school and parents pick up children after their lesson.
- Teacher needs – any new needs?
- Request from Ms. Nyman – Ukuleles need to be repaired/replaced. Needed are 3 new ones. $60.00 per unit plus tax. We are all in favour of purchasing the 3 ukelele if Heather checks and the budget is available. Heidi to email heather and Heather is to confirm with Ms. Nyman if the budget is available.
- New business
- Need to remember memorial for Mrs. Shaw and decide on a tribute around the outdoor classroom space.
- Is there something we could do in the garden. Marya Morrison is interested in doing something gardening related at the school. To be discussed at next meeting – Marya will ask Ms. Nyman to email the teachers. Mrs. Sem could do an environmental club as well. Marya will follow up via email with Ms. Nyman/Mrs. Sem
- Update re: wow butter – it is too risky as it is similar to peanut butter, and will not be allowed at school.
- Coffee at drop off around 8am will be started again on select Friday mornings when the weather warms up. This is a chance for the parents and staff to meet and socialize. Paul will confirm this at the staff meeting and update us via facebook and UGConnect.
Next Meeting Apr 5, 2022
Categories: School Council