Fresh from the Farm
Have you heard the buzz about Fresh from the Farm? It’s a healthy fundraiser for Ontario schools! We are so pleased to once again offer this exciting, educational and profitable opportunity to École Fred A. Hamilton families. Let’s look at the facts about the fresh from the Farm program.
- École Fred A. Hamilton families are provided with the opportunity to purchase fresh Ontario grown fruits and vegetables – thus supporting local Ontario farms in the fresh from the Farm collaborative initiative between the Ministry of Education, Ministry of agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, Dietitians of Canada, Ontario Fruit and Vegetable Growers’ Association as well as Ontario’s Well-being strategy for Education and the School Food and Beverage Policy.
- There is no limit on the amount of produce that can be ordered. Students are welcomed and encouraged to ask family members and friends if they want to benefit from this unique opportunity.
- 40% of all sales go directly to the school.
There are 2 produce bundles for sale:
- Bundle A – $22.00 – 5 lb potatoes, 3 lb carrots, 3 lb yellow onions, 3 lb sweet potatoes
- Bundle B – $24.00 – 8 lb Ambrosia Apples apples
September 22-October 6 – Information letters are emailed to families on September 22. Students fundraise and families keep track of individual orders.
On or before October 6 – Bundle totals and payment are due via School Cash Online only.
November 8 – December 9 – this is the order delivery window. Orders will be delivered to the school during this period of time. The pickup date will be shared with families at least one week prior to the actual pickup date.
This fundraising initiative will support upgrading technology in our school. Merci,