Jan 15, 2024 Update

Posted January 15, 2024

Jan 15, 2024

It’s a chilly week ahead so stay warm! Please have children dress well for outdoors.

Dressing for the Cold: Every year we get questions on when it is too cold for the students to be outside. There is no real concrete answer. Decisions depend on the amount of wind, sunlight, length of time out, etc.

We do expect students to come dressed for the weather and to be outside. PLEASE LABEL YOUR CHILD”S CLOTHING! Generally, we do not send the students out if the temperature is below -25. When it is cold outside we use our judgment and be aware of weather and wind conditions, the length of time spent outside, the way children are dressed (we do have extra stuff in the storeroom), and that younger children can be more at risk of frostbite.

Today is Martin Luther King Jr. day and students will be learning about the significance of this important day in celebrating diversity, promoting unity and contributing to the on-going pursuit of equality.

Bullying Prevention presentations: Students in primary and intermediate grades have a series of bullying prevention presentations from the John Howard Society on Tuesdays.

Valentine’s Dance fundraiser Feb 14th: We are very excited to announce that the student voice team has planned a fun Dance-a-thon for all of our students! Students will move and groove to music and celebrate the theme of kindness and friendship. A form will be sent home with each child tomorrow and our goal is to raise $4,000 to support our music program. There will also be a bake sale organized by our gr 8 students to raise funds for their trip/graduation. We will have baked items and popcorn sold every Wednesday in February to support this fundraiser. Valentine’s Day Move-a-thon pledge form.pdf

Grade 8 Grad trip June 5/6/Grad date June 26th and Grad photos Feb 1st:

Our grade 8 staff have planned a wonderful trip to Toronto for our Gr 8 students. Please return the form that will come home today regarding the trip and see the attached letter. Grade 8 trip parent letter.docx

Graduation for 8 students: June 26th -Please also see the graduation letter attached to plan for our ceremony and celebration. Letter to parents ceremony Revised.pdf

Grad Photos are scheduled for Feb 1st with Lifetouch for parents who are interested in ordering photos. More details to follow.

Here is the Kindergarten registration link https://www.ugdsb.ca/kindergarten/ . Please register by Jan 26th.

This week on Thursday we have cookies for sale $1.50 and popcorn $2.

Categories: News