Climbing Program March 2 to 6!
Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Dear Aberfoyle students and parents,
Guelph Grotto is bringing an exciting event to Aberfoyle Public School March 2-6, 2020; the Elementary Explorers Climbing Program. This educational program focuses on team work, resilience, group and personal safety and of course, fitness and fun! The school is offering this to all students free of charge.
There are grade-appropriate challenges and UGDSB-approved activity for all students. Please be aware that this is a “challenge by choice” program where all students will be assisted and encouraged but are not obligated to try all or any of our activities.
During the school day the following will be provided:
- Kindergarten – Kindergarten students will be challenged with our Ninja Warrior Obstacle course. Each K student will have the opportunity to try our entirely ground-based obstacle course.
- Grade 1-3 – Primary students will have a variety of low rope activities, as well as use the Ninja Course and Bouldering Wall. There will be great opportunities to build confidence and work as a team.
- Grade 4-6 – Junior students will use the bouldering wall, full size climbing wall, and several high and low rope activities such as the cargo net and rope ladders.
- Grade 7-8 – Intermediate students will learn to “team” belay, use the climbing and bouldering walls and be challenged with several high rope activities. There will be some additional climbing time and some mentoring opportunities for these students.
After the school day:
- Parents, Guardians and Students will be invited on Tuesday, March 3rd, from 4:00 until 7:00.
- We will have a schedule of shorter blocks of time to allow as many people as possible to try out the program.
- Monetary donations or items for the Guelph Food Bank would be appreciated.
The Explorers program is staffed by professional instructors, always with a focus on your child’s safety. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about this program. Please check out their website at www.exploreclimbing.ca to see what the program will look like.
Lastly, if you wish your child to participate in this program, please fill out the form attached to this page and return it to your child’s teacher.
Paul Tribe, Principal