Aberfoyle School Council 2019/20 School Council Goals:
- Enhance communication to parents, families and the community at large
- Encourage and promote participation and involvement by all stakeholder groups within our school community
- To build funding partnerships within our community that will continue to provide additional resources for our school community that aren’t currently provided by the Board
- To assist the school administration and staff to provide an environment for excellence in education
- To assist in the determination of broad school priorities
Our role is:
- To act in an advisory capacity to make recommendations to the school Principal and, as appropriate, the Board
- To improve student achievement and enhance accountability of the educational system to parents.
- To place the overall interests of the school and students first.
Become a part of School Council
Aberfoyle Public School Council is a group comprising the Principal, up to two teaching staff, one community representative, 8-15 Voting Parent Members and any number of General Parent Members.
Get involved in School Council; whether you contribute time, resources or contacts, every parent member of our school community is welcome to join. If you can’t attend all of our meetings, then join as a general parent member and offer your opinions and ideas.
Aberfoyle School Council elections are held in September of this year.
School Council Meetings:
Council meetings are the second Tuesday of every month in the school library at 6:30 (No meeting in December or March).
School Council Agenda
- Welcome All Parents
- Chair Report – 20 Min.
- Treasurers Report – 10 Min.
- School Report – 15 Min.
- Principal (Report)
- Teacher (Report)
- Sub Committee Reports – 15 Min.
- Educational Initiatives – Report
- Events & Programs – Report
- General Fundraising – Report
- Open Discussion – Visitors & Member Requests – 10 Min.
- Sub Committee Meetings – 30 to 45 Min.
Aberfoyle Public School Council is made up of 4 specific working committees
- Executive Committee
- Events/School Programs Committee
- Educational Initiatives Committee
- General Fundraising Committee
Aberfoyle School Council Chair
Kelly Hodgson : email@example.com
School Mailbox – Leave with Janet Warden (Secretary)
- School Council Nomination Form (PDF)
- School Council Email Newsletter Approval Form (PDF)
- Aberfoyle School Council Bylaws (PDF)