Updates For October 25-29, 2021
Hello Alma families! We are having a busy week here at the school. Here are 5 things you need to know so you’re ready for this week and next:
1. There has been a strong use of the school’s snack program this fall. We are bringing in fresh fruit like apples and other “grab and go” healthy items like unsweetened apple sauce, Made Good granola bars, and mini Breton vegetable crackers for students who are looking for a little more to eat. We know that healthy food feeds hungry minds and we are happy to help. Once students have shown us their completed lunch, if they are asking for an extra snack we gladly provide it. If you would like your child not to participate in this program, please let the office know. The Food & Friends program also offers a Food & Friends From Home program. It delivers one snack per day per child to your home free of charge to help have a little extra in your lunchboxes. If you or anyone you know would benefit from this program, please reach out to the office and we can sign you up.
2. Tomorrow, Thursday, October 28, is Picture Day. Please be sure to fill out the LifeTouch forms online for easy picture ordering. If you do choose to send cash or cheque, it must be in the correct amount and will be handed by your child directly to the photographer at the time their photo is taken. No change will be provided.
3. Friday, October 29 is a Professional Activity Day for staff. We are working on data collection, instructional planning and report card writing. We hope you enjoy this extra day with your children. More information will come out soon about our digital report card portal. Please stay tuned.
4. If you are choosing to enter your child into the second annual virtual pumpkin carving contest, please send in photos of your child’s pumpkin by Thursday evening at 6 PM. We are compiling photos into a slideshow to share with students and on Monday, November 1, students will be voting on the People’s Choice Award. Thanks to School Council for donating some amazing prizes! For more information, please see the following: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11-jzokhvBEjPg75xcXkC_J68RcG6CUDTG56Jvan81J4/edit?usp=sharing.
5. Monday, November 1 is our first Polka Dot, Stripes & Checks Day which is being run by our Student Council under the direction of Mrs. Scott. Please look through your closets and choose the clothing that makes you feel like you! If you don’t have polka dots, striped or checkered clothes, not to worry. Feel free to wear what makes you feel comfy. We will be having a school-wide reading and weather permitting, a fun activity outside, and an art project during the last block of learning for the day. We have so many unique students here at Alma PS and we want to celebrate the amazing uniqueness of them all!
Thanks as always for all that you do as parents to support our amazing school. Teamwork makes the dream work!
Principal Alma PS