Updates For November 22-26, 2021
Good morning Alma PS families! Here are the 5 things you need to know this week about our amazing school:
- Please remember that at Alma PS, if we have a bus cancellation day, we are in the Blue Centre Wellington Zone (Division 2). These central decisions are usually made by 6:30 AM. This is because our students feed into Elora PS and Centre Wellington District High School. You can find more information daily here: https://stwdsts.ca/ or by clicking on the bus picture at the top of our website here: https://www.ugdsb.ca/AlmaPS/. If you are a bus student, you can also sign up for email notifications about bus delays and cancellations through the Parent Portal. Bus cancellation days have the potential to significantly impact student learning for students who are unable to attend in person. Students affected by bus cancellations will be supported in their learning through asynchronous activities provided by their teacher in their Google Classroom. On the rare occasions when schools and board sites are closed to staff and students (e.g. power outages, weather closures formerly known as “System Shutdown”), all students will pivot to remote learning for the day and will be supported by their teacher. This may include teachers posting activities to Google Classrooms, which can be accessed by students or engaging in some synchronous learning activities.
- Please remember to return your Report Card cut-off pages that were sent home last week. Teachers can then file your comments in your child’s Ontario School Record. Don’t forget that our virtual interview portal closes today at noon. You can access it here: https://webapp.ugdsb.on.ca/pti/Account/Login. Interviews are being held tomorrow night and during Friday’s PA Day.
- Yesterday an email was sent with a link to our UGDSB Equity Audit Survey. Please take a moment to share your thoughts with us so we can improve our school. The Survey will close for responses on Friday, December 3, 2021.
- Tomorrow, Thursday, November 25, is our Photo Retake Day and our Feel Good Thursday. Students having their photos retaken need to return the original package tomorrow. For our Student Council-led Spirit Day tomorrow, students can come dressed in what makes them feel good.
- As shared at our last School Council meeting, our staff and students are working hard on creating something for our virtual holiday concert. The performances will be taped and we will host a “Livestream” event on Google Meet on Tuesday, December 14 at 7:00 PM. While we can’t meet in person yet, we didn’t want to miss out on this special part of our year. A link to the pre-recorded performances will be shared in your child’s Google Classroom and you can click on it just before 7:00 PM to watch. Feel free to snuggle up as a family and watch the fun unfold. Thanks to our amazing staff for trying to be creative and build community during these different days.
We look forward to another great week ahead. As always, if you have questions or if we can help in any way, please contact the office. We are here to assist!
Principal Alma PS