Updates For May 16-20, 2022
Hello Alma Families! Here are the 5 things you need to know today to keep up to date this week:
- Please remember that Monday, May 23 is Victoria Day and there will be no school.
- We are excited to welcome Natasha Fairchild to our school as our new temporary Child and Youth Counsellor. She will continue to meet with students on a bi-weekly basis until the end of this school year.
- Here are some important dates to put on your calendar for May and June. As guidelines have changed recently, some events are still being finalized. Please keep an eye on your email for important information to be shared about these future events:
- Friday, May 27 – Gator Wear orders due
- Monday, May 30 – Grade 6 visit to Elora PS
- Thursday, June 2 – In Person School Council Meeting 6:30-8:00 PM
- Friday, June 3 – PA Day (No School)
- Friday, June 3 – New Kindergarten Orientation For Students joining in the fall
- Tuesday, June 7 – Tentative Date – The Alma Optimists Bike Rodeo at Alma PS
- Monday, June 13 evening event – End Of The Year BBQ
- Monday, June 27 evening event – Grade 6 Graduation
- Tuesday, June 28 afternoon event – Kindergarten Celebration
- Wednesday, June 29 – Last Day Of School
- We are excited to offer Alma PS Gators Spirit Wear for sale. When ordering, please complete the portion on School Cash Online at https://ugdsb.schoolcashonline.com/ AND also complete the paper order form. Please double check your order for sizing, etc. as returns and substitutions are not possible. Orders will be accepted until May 27. If you have already submitted your order using School Cash Online, please ensure that you have sent in your paper copy.
- Arthur is celebrating its 150th anniversary this year. We have been invited to participate in a colouring contest in its honour. We are going to visit classrooms tomorrow and offer students one or both of the options which show what a car dealership and a candy store might look like in 150 years in the future. If you would like your child to participate, please put your child’s name and a contact phone number on the back of the picture and have them return it to school. Entries will be collected until Monday, June 13. All entries will be displayed at the Arthur Curling Club during the weekend of July 1-3, 2022.
As a final reminder, as children sometimes bring items to school to show their friends, please remind your child that trades are not something that we do at school. This ensures that students come home with everything that they brought to school that day and also helps to prevent unnecessary disagreements. Thanks for your help in reminding your child of this expectation if applicable.
Thanks as always for your continued support. If there’s anything the school can do to help, please let us know. We’re here to help!
Principal Alma PS