The Guidance department at College Heights Secondary School is here to support students in fulfilling their dreams and realizing their full potential. We do this by helping students with planning their pathways and supporting their emotional needs.
Your Guidance Team
Pathways Information Guide
View all courses offered at College Heights Secondary School and where they can take you. Please download: Pathways Booklet
Grade Nine Course Description/Option Sheet
See all of the options available in Grade 9.
All Course Descriptions
Read up on all of the courses that we offer.
Dual Credit Opportunities – Conestoga College
Please see the course descriptions below.
More information about dual credit can also be found at the website below.
For more information about the program please visit the following website: https://www.ugdsb.ca/shsm
Visit HERE to see more articles with our school involvement in the SHSM program.
Applying to College
Information about applying to college and college programs can be found here.
Students going to college can be eligible to receive financial support through OSAP.
This is up to date information about the process of identification for every college/university – the requirements are NOT the same from school to school. This answers many questions identified students have related to post-secondary. Transition Guide to Post-Secondary
Please speak to the guidance department if you would like support in applying for College we are happy to help.
Official ONTARIO STUDENT TRANSCRIPTS can be ordered by:
- Downloading the Request for Ontario Transcript Form from here: Request For Transcript And Other Student Records Form PDF Fillable
- Complete the form including;
- Maiden Name or Name while attending
- Name of School last attended in Upper Grand District School Board
- Final Year (if known)
- Contact phone number
- Date of Birth
- Fax completed form to 519-821-4510 or via email to [email protected]
- Transcript fee will be $20.00 for the first copy and $5.00 for any additional copies, payable by cash, cheque or money order payable to College Heights SS and must be received before the request is processed
- Two pieces of government issued ID must be provided for Transcript requests or Education Verifications
- If you wish to have someone pick up your Transcript, you MUST provide written permission naming the person. This person will be asked to provide ID as well.
- IF YOU ARE APPLYING ON THE OCAS (Ontario Colleges) SITE YOU DO NOT NEED TO FILL IN THIS FORM. Your transcript will be automatically uploaded.
Students need to complete 40 hours of community service to graduate from High School. Students can start this as early as the summer before they enter Grade 9. The form and more information about volunteer hours can be found at the link below.
Volunteer and Employment Opportunities
Students can connect with the people and information network for help finding volunteer opportunities. https://pinnetwork.ca/
Second Chance is a great resource for students to help them find a job. They have several locations and provide free support around getting a job. https://www.2ndchance.ca/
There are job and volunteer postings on the board outside of guidance. In addition we have some additional opportunities in a binder in Guidance.
Please feel free to speak to someone in Guidance if you would like some help with these opportunities.
If a youth or someone is in crisis please call 911 or Here 24/7 at 1-844-437-3247. This is also the front door to mental health, addition and crisis services in Waterloo and Wellington. More information can be found at their website. http://here247.ca/
The Waterloo Wellington Community Mental Health Association (CMHA) runs a weekly walk-in program. This is often the fastest way to be seen by someone. More information can be found here. This is often the fastest way to be seen by someone.
The school board has a mental health part of their website with a lot of very valuable information. There are links to other resources here as well. Please visit that at the following link. https://www.ugdsb.ca/students/mental-health-for-students/