Update: Our 3D printers have left the library and are being used to produce PPE to donate to the medical community. Check out these articles:
The library has two 3D printers available for student use. To sign up to use it, please see the librarian.
- You must set up your prints on your own time, not during class time. This could be before or after school.
- What you print must be appropriate for school.
- Your print should take less than four hours. You might be able to print something bigger for a fee.
- Available colours vary. See the librarians for our current selection.
- You can paint your item after it’s printed.
- Printing done for class work will always get done before personal projects.
- If any of this is confusing, come see the librarian for help.
- Decide what you would like to print (TIP: find pre-made designs at www.thingiverse.com or build your own at www.tinkercad.com)
- If you prepare the file using https://printcloud.dremel.com, you will need to create an account to save it. We suggest logging on using social providers, and using your UGCloud account.
- Dremel printcloud tips: your file must be smaller than 50 mB, only 3ds, 3mf, amf, obj and stl formate are supported.
- Make sure your item takes less than 4 hours to print.
- Come to the library ON YOUR OWN TIME to give your file to the librarian.
- Your name will be put on a list and projects will be printed in order that they’re given to us.