Class Building for 2021-2022
Class Building for 2021-2022 School Year
The planning process for the 2021-2022 school has started. Over the next couple of months, the staff at the school will spend many hours developing class lists based on a detailed set of criteria, focused on student learning and success for the following year. We take this process very seriously and do our best to plan for the success of all of our students at Harris Mill.
In this complex process, we take the following into account.
- learning partners
- ability groups – learning groups
- needs of students
- separating some students due to relationship issues depending on the number of classrooms.
- balance of gender/non-binary
- behavioural needs/ dynamics between students
- combined classrooms are not streamed (for example, a ⅔ split is not high achieving grade 2’s and low achieving grade 3’s) – combined class resource
We will not be taking any class placement requests for September 2021. If your child has an exceptional circumstance that is not covered above and requires consideration when doing class placements, please email me directly, [email protected].