Meetings are the first Tuesday of the month @ 6:00pm in the school Library.
School Council welcomes all new families to Princess Margaret with a special invitation to join us for refreshments, learn what the School Council does, and meet fellow P.M.P.S. parents.
Co-chair: Billie Jo Reid, Jessica Keats
Treasurer: Emily Derose
Secretary: Jessica Keats
School Council Events dates:
- Christmas Craft Fair – Saturday, December 7th, 2019
Minutes September 3rd, 2019 School Council Meeting
- Principal report (see attached).
- Teacher report (see attached).
- Elections/Outline all meeting dates.
Billie Jo Reed & Jess Keats to Co-Chair
Emily Derose- Treasuer
Shannon Lee – Secretary
moved by …. seconded by Mrs. Christie.
Meetings are first Tuesday of every month 6-7pm. Dates are as follows:
- Holiday craft fair
-main fundraising event
-people are going crazy, messages already received.
-last year made $5000 just on the silent auction
a)-Date this year will be Dec 7th (always first Saturday of December) time is 9am to 3pm
- b) Position Assignments – chair, vendor person (Jess), silent auction (Emily M & Mrs. Kristie), cafe/music (Ryan), movie room (Emily D), cookie room (Tricia quest for cakes), Kids shopping (shannon & Cheryl?), face painting/craft room (Emily D’s daughter and friend?)
–Mrs. Christie will do laminate numbers on signs
- c) Changes for this year/things to do-
- Ad – Jess to check with Allison and citizen and banner. shannon to check with Chris.
- Radio station ad – Billie Jo
- Facebook event page and Instagram – Billie Jo
- payment for vendors, can we do e-transfers or can the school set up a paypal account (Mark to look into)
- try to get some new vendors (Jess & if people have idea’s for vendors let Jess know)
- get some baked goods donated from businesses
- anyone can gather stuff for silent auction, bring idea’s of places/people to ask to next meeting to make a list so we aren’t all asking the same places.
- need to purchase stuffing for silent auction
- cellophane donated from Chris at Parson’s
- Raise money for outdoor learning and sports equipment
- Discussed raising vendor fee, decision deferred until next meeting.
- kids shopping area – revamp request to ask for gently used items (stress gently used). give Ryan’s mom $50 to buy items & give shannon $150 to buy items to amp up quality of items.
- A look at the year
- i) woman offering fundraiser through her 31 company (totes). we are saying no!
- ii) Jess’s fundraiser idea’s:
– Host family oriented events, bringing in magician, reptile people etc. open event to community have concession. everyone generate ideas to discuss next month.
- Good food bags, fresh from the farm
iii) Other fundraising ideas:
- Quest for cakes- Tricia, is working on a lunch program. Can bring in samples to next meeting. yes please!
- Smoothies fundraiser for grade 7 & 8. with pita pit. Billie jo to look into if they have sustainable packaging.
- bedtime stories is out, because we don’t get the numbers
- Table family fun night and movie night until next time.
Principal’s Report September 23, 2019
- It’s been a smooth start to our year. Our enrollment is the exact same as it was last year at 304 students
- We are loving our new and improved Library Learning Commons!
- Had a staffing change two weeks in as part of the District Staffing that happens every year. Ms Hay went to Parkinson and Mr Byers stepped into the KA classroom. New staff to our school this year include: Mr Navarro, Ms Brodie, Ms Smith and Mr Jackson and joining our EA team Ms Capko, Ms Arbeau, Mrs Byers and Ms Rees.
- This year our school is in Year One of the Cycle of Learning. We will be having a District Support Visit on October 29th. The purpose of the visit is to highlight our strengths and identify areas that we can build on in terms of student achievement. Throughout the year, we will have support and training for our teachers in areas we identify in the process.
- The Grade 7/8 Guidance teacher position has been continued this year. Christine Kennedy has already been into the school to visit with the grade 8s to begin the process/planning for transitioning into High School. A ‘Becoming a Bear’ day has been planned for our Grade 8s that will occur early November.
- The main forms of communication from the school will continue be through the Call-Outs, UGConnect push out reminders, Twitter and our website.
- Some teachers are using a new communication tool with families called School Messenger.
- We have a PD coming up this Friday. Staff will be completing Ministry required Health and Safety training in the morning and for the afternoon, we will be joining the staff of Credit Meadows and Mono-Amaranth schools to work with Math guru, Marion Small
Teacher’s Report September 2019
-settling into routines and welcoming new staff to the building
-sport teams already on their way with Senior and Junior soccer teams competing the week of Sept. 23.
-next up will be cross country and basketball.
-students are really enjoying the newly painted tarmac
-gardens are looking great and students are helping Ms Ellis with harvesting our vegetables.