Every school considers its volunteers a special resource. Parents and community members are encouraged to help in classrooms and on school trips, assist in the library or with extra-curricular activities, help with special events, and participate on School Council. Pursuant to Board Policy, it is understood that the volunteer will work under the direction of an appropriate staff member and be privy only to information that is necessary for working effectively with a student(s) and/or for the purpose of performing the task assigned e.g., office/clerical.
To ensure the safety and well being of our students, each volunteer is required to provide a current police check (within 1 year) that includes a vulnerable sector screening. Please plan ahead to have this completed in a timely manner, as it can take several weeks if your name/birthdate require that you also have fingerprinting.
Volunteers are also required to fill out a volunteer form (502-5), which is kept on file in the school office. Please do not send in this form without a current police check.
Internet Safety for Youth
- Staying safe when using the Internet, cellular phones or webcams (RCMP)
- Surfing safe means surfing smart! (RCMP)
To help your child with homework please visit some of the links below. If there are resources that are not here but you feel could be useful to other parents, please contact us with links to websites, books, or other useful materials.
- www.homeworkspot.com: A comprehensive site organized by elementary, middle school and high school with a parents’ and teachers’ section.
- www.schoolcouncils.net: Homework background report that includes what the role of parents, teachers and students are.
- school.discovery.com/homeworkhelp/bjpinchbeck: Homework help for a wide range of school subjects.
- Water Testing for Lead
- The attached map shows where you can park in the surrounding streets. If you need to drive to the school please consider parking on a street where on street parking is permitted and walking the rest of the way to the school. This will help reduce traffic congestion on the school site and immediately in front of the school. We are currently exploring additional programs to encourage students and families to walk to school. We thank you for your support! Routes-to-School-Map (PDF)