TEPS School Council Meeting Minutes October 13, 2022
TEPS School Council Meeting Minutes
From – October 13, 2022
Voting Members in Attendance for meeting
|Hammond, Jackie||x||Garon-Nielsen, Michelle|
|VanLoon, Ruth||x||Hocken, Jodi|
|Martin, Richard||x||Rea, Brooke||x|
|Nasswetter, Katie||x||Ho, Amy||x|
|Galda, Andrea||x||Barett, Tricia|
Other Attendees: Ken Keesmaat, Cassie Broadhead, Meaghan Jones, Julia Baldwin, Pamela Gallego, Caroline Turnbull, Amber Maxwell-Gibbins
Other Regrets: none.
|AGENDA ITEM||INFORMATION/DECISION||PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE|
Great Moments in Teaching:
· Terry Fox Run, Walk & Roll will be held tomorrow
· Junior cross-country held today
· Primary Choir is starting up
· Equity work – literature that reflects student diversity, students do a daily land acknowledgement with announcements
Ken presented the Safe Schools plan – available on the school website. The Safe Schools Committee needs a parent representative.
|Q & A with Ken||Questions from attendees:
Picture retake day?
– Scheduled for Monday Nov 7th
Are there class pictures still?
– Composite class photos will be included this year. New photo company being used this year – Pegasus.
Is there a milk order?
– Not yet, likely later this year
When will the Fresh From Farm fundraiser order available?
Good there is a land acknowledgement but are there any other indigenous education going on? Like an elder attending and teaching?
– Yes there are resources available, presentations, educational materials
– The school board has indigenous language classes
– There is an indigenous social worker and transitions support worker
– Parent link to info: https://www.ugdsb.ca/schools/safe-equitable-and-inclusive-schools/equity-and-inclusive-education/
Will there be colour houses again?
Can school spirit wear be available sooner?
– Ken will look into
|Fundraising||Fresh From Farm Update: $950 raised for school
Agree to fund:
– $100 per educator for supplies (previously supported)
– DD Class Laminator ($40)
– $500 to Phys Ed supplies
– Kindergarten supply requests were donated by Amber
Can we get parent donations for things like boardgames?
Question: can we fund field trips?
– Difficult to get buses, shortage of drivers
– Possibly easier to bring in activities for the students to participate in
|Treasurer’s Report||$6000 to be used by the end of the school year|
|Next Meeting||Thursday, November 10th @ 7:00 pm|
School Council Executive 2022-2023:
- Co-Chairs – Jackie Hammond and Ruth VanLoon
- Treasurer – Richard Martin
- Secretary – Katie Nasswetter
Categories: School Council Minutes