Updates For January 24-28, 2022
Hello Alma Families! Here are the 5 things you need to know today to keep up to date this week:
- Please remember that there is a PA Day tomorrow, Friday, January 28. Teachers will be working on report cards which will once again be accessible online. We look forward to seeing our students again on Monday.
- The mental health of our students and families is so important, and as educators, we realize that these are unprecedented times. The UGDSB has created a bank of amazing resources for our families. You can check them out at https://sites.google.com/ugcloud.ca/mhugparents/home.
- Thank you to our Alma PS families for completing the Daily Screening each day. It’s an important part of keeping our students and staff safe. When uncertain of what to do, scrolling down to the bottom of a “Do Not Go To School” message provides instructions on the next steps for your child and the rest of the household. We really appreciate the diligence of our community in keeping each other safe and completing this important step each day. Bookmarking the site https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/ on your phone or computer helps to make the process simpler. If your child will be absent, please ensure that you contact the school to let us know. Email is an easy way to do this by emailing [email protected]. Please be sure to share the reason for your absence (ex: dentist appointment, illness, etc.). It helps us to follow up if required and track absences correctly.
- Last week two important reminders went home about Kindergarten registration and bus delay notifications. In case you missed it, formal Kindergarten registration has closed but if you know of someone who would be in our area in the fall and has a school-aged child, please direct them to https://www.ugdsb.ca/kindergarten/registration/ or have them contact the school. As well, there are times when bus delays and driver shortages are occurring. Communication of these changes is handled by the Transportation Consortium. Please sign up for email notifications at https://stwdsts.ca/.
- There have been many extreme cold warnings as of late. When things are very cold we keep children indoors, but with a desire to help kids have as many mask breaks as possible, we aim to send kids out when the weather cooperates. Please remember to send your child with labeled outdoor gear. Packing extra mitts and socks is always helpful too.
Thanks as always for your continued support. If there’s anything the school can do to help, please let us know. We’re here to help!
Principal Alma PS