Updates For June 27-29, 2022
Updates For June 27-29, 2022
Hello Alma Families! Thank you for an amazing year together. Here are the 5 things you need to know today to keep up to date this week and as we head into the summer months:
- Just because we are going to be absent from the building over the summer months, support from the UGDSB does not end. If you are looking for help, please learn more at the following link: https://sites.google.com/ugcloud.ca/mhugparents. If you click beside the big yellow arrow, it will take you to a list of summer supports that continue to be available.
- While the school aims to supply most items for students at school, some families choose to bring their own items. Should you choose to send in some items, please see the following link for a list of items based on the grade of your child: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1omWtE53nBqIfJRD55rSeGvagScskK0Rtpak0–nnrlI/edit?usp=sharing, In some classrooms for some items, staff may choose to pool items brought in together and share them as a class.
- As with any school, there are always a few comings and goings with staff. We are very grateful for the strong team we have here as we have worked through a busy year.
We want to wish the following people well as they move on to new adventures and we thank them for their support and service:
- Mrs. Thompson has accepted an EA position at Glenbrook PS.
We also will be welcoming some new team members to the Alma PS family and we are very excited to have them joining our team:
- Ms. Woods has been hired as our new grade 2/3 teacher for the fall.
- Mrs. Shanks and Ms. Laing will be joining us as Educational assistants in the fall.
- Our classes have been tentatively set for the fall, but we recognize that these may change as reorganization can happen during the first few weeks of school. Tentatively we will have:
Kindergarten A: Miss Robinson & Mrs. Harrop
Kindergarten B: Mrs. Hine
Grade 1/2: Madame McDougall & Ms. Walser
Grade 2/3: Ms. Woods
Grade 4/5: Mr. Garofalo
Grade 5/6: Mrs. Hons
French: Madame McDougall
Library & Special Education: Mrs. Woodland
As a reminder, students will meet their new teacher on the first day of school. Please stay tuned to your emails in late August for important information about our school startup once details are finalized.
- School will start up again on Tuesday, September 6, 2022. If you meet someone over the summer who is hoping to register their child, it will take place on Tuesday, August 30, 2022 from 1:00-4:00 PM. People can visit www.ugdsb.ca/schools/admission-registration/ for information and registration forms. To register, people will need to show proof of age, proof of address, verification of date or arrival/immigration documents (if the child was not born in Canada) and they should submit their immunization record directly to Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health. If you have transportation questions, you can contact them directly at (519) 824-4119 or 1(888) 292-2224. Transportation information will be available online approximately August 24th, 2022. You can login at www.findmyschool.ca and click “Student Login.” Please ensure that you have your child’s Ontario Education Number. First time riders can now register for the August 30, 2022 First Rider Program at https://stwdsts.ca/first-rider-program/. Those who are eligible for transportation can choose to opt out by completing the form on the transportation website. Your child will be removed from the bus list and marked as “not riding.” However, if you require busing in the future, you can call to re-assign your child to the bus at any time.
Thanks as always for your continued support. If there’s anything the school can do to help, please let us know. We’re here to help!
Take care and enjoy your summer vacation,
Principal Alma PS