Admission and Registration
Is my child eligible to go to school?
2023-2024 School Year:
- Children who were born in 2019 may attend Junior Kindergarten (JK).
- Children who were born in 2018 may attend Senior Kindergarten (SK).
- If your child attended JK in the Upper Grand District School Board you do not have to re-register for SK.
How do I register my child?
Visit the Kindergarten Information Page for additional information about Kindergarten, the programs we offer and registration information.
Grade 1-8 Registration
To register your child, please complete this registration form and email it to the school you are registering for. Schools will post details for completing registrations, including document verification, by the end of August. School staff will be available on August 30 from 1:00-4:00 pm, to process registrations. Click here for a list of school email addresses and contact information.
Grades 1-8 registration (only applicable to students who are new to the UGDSB): Please register your child for elementary school from Monday to Friday during regular school hours (stat holidays excluded).
Please register at your local school. To determine which school your child is eligible to attend, visit the UGDSB’s School Locator.
Parents and guardians are required to bring the following documents to complete registration:
- Proof of Age (e.g. Birth Certificate, Birth Registration Form, Baptismal Certificate, Canadian Citizenship/Permanent Resident Card, Passport, & custodial documents, if applicable)
- Immunization Record (Please submit directly to Wellington Dufferin Guelph Public Health)
- Proof of Address (e.g. utility/tax bill, purchase/lease agreement, phone (landline)/cable/internet bill. A driver’s license, bank/credit card statements or cell phone bills are not accepted.)
- Verification of date of arrival/immigration documents (if child was not born in Canada)
To register your child at a UGDSB secondary school, please contact your school directly to set up an appointment.