Summer School – eLearning
Summer 2018 Elearning Orientation Sessions
Orientations sessions for students who have enrolled in an elearning course with Upper Grand DSB this summer are available at several sites across the school board. The drop-in sessions run 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and will cover logging in, navigating the course, using the drop box, communicating with your teacher and how to access help.
If you are enrolled in a summer elearning course (full or half-credit) which starts on Wednesday, July 4th, you may opt to attend a drop-in orientation at any one of the following sites: Centennial CVI, Centre Dufferin DHS, Centre Wellington DHS, Wellington Heights SS, Norwell DSS or Orangeville DSS.
If you are enrolled in a half-credit course which starts on Tuesday, July 17th, you may opt to attend a drop-in orientation at Centennial CVI in the library between 9:00 a.m. & 11:30 a.m.
Elearning in the summer provides students with the opportunity to earn credits in a variety of subject areas while maintaining some flexibility in their summer schedule. Students should expect to work a minimum of 5-6 hours every day to complete their studies. This summer we are offering the following courses through elearning:
- CHC2D, CHC2P – Grade 10 History Academic or Applied level
- CHV2O – Civics, GLC2O – Careers
- ENG3U – Grade 11 University level English
- ENG4C – Grade 12, College level English
- ENG4U – Grade 12 University level English
- HSB 4U – Grade 12 Challenge & Change In Society
- MCR3U – Grade 11 University level Math (Functions)
- PPZ3C – Grade 11 Health for Life
- PSK4U – Grade 12 Introductory Kinesiology
A few important points:
- Through our partnership with the Ontario eLearning Consortium, Upper Grand students will also have access to many other courses offered through other OeLC Boards (see
www.oelc.ca for more information).
- Registration for any of these eLearning courses is done through your home school Guidance department – they will be able to register you through the OeLC site.
- If you are accepted into another Board’s eLearning course – make sure to check their begin and end dates and any proctoring requirements – they may be different from the Upper Grand’s and you need to abide by them
- Students must make sure they have access to reliable Internet for the duration of the course
- Students must not enroll in more than one summer school program or offering
- You should be able to access our courses and those from other Boards through our site (https://ugdsb.elearningontario.ca) using the credentials you use to login at school