Work & Learn Program (formerly SWAF – School Within A Factory)
The Work & Learn Program
The Work & Learn Program assists adults (18 years+) who are employed full-time or part-time and wishing to earn their Ontario Secondary School Diploma. Graduates can upgrade courses or acquire prerequisite courses for university/college/apprenticeship programs. This unique program:
- Allows students to stay employed and earn credits, potentially earning adult co-operative education credits using their current job
- Has various meeting times and locations to accommodate many work schedules
- Offers independent learning courses with teacher support
English as a Second Language: ESL assessment Level of 7 is required.
Students can register for the Work & Learn Program at any time from September to June.
Student Success Stories
Over the years we have helped more than 300 adults in their educational journeys. We are excited to share four notable stores that illustrate the success of our students:
- Graduate Update: Millwright Apprenticeship
- Confidence: A Key to Success
- Building a Community Connection
- Newcomer to Canada
These are just some of the employers we have worked closely with over the years:
Don’t see your employer on the list above? You could still be eligible for the Work & Learn Program!
Students not currently employed with one of the Community Partners listed above may be eligible for the Work & Learn Program if they work for another local employer. Please contact us for more information.
Jennifer Watson Work & Learn Teacher Continuing Education Upper Grand District School Board [email protected] 519-400-1639