St. George’s Centre for Adult ESL is a school for newcomers to Guelph who want to learn English or improve the English skills they already have. Together, newcomers from around the world improve their English listening, speaking, reading and writing skills, and learn about living in Guelph. St. George’s Centre for ESL is also a place for newcomers to meet new people, share experiences about settling in Canada, and make friends.
Classes are free for Canadian citizens, permanent residents, convention refugees, and refugee claimants. Temporary residents and visitors are also welcome to attend classes for a small fee. Classes are offered 12 months per year.
St. George’s Centre for Adult ESL is part of the family of Wellington Centre for Continuing Education schools which is part of the publically-funded Upper Grand District School Board.
- Child Minding: St. George’s Centre for ESL operates Infant, Toddler and Preschool programs for children ages 6 months to 6 years of age.
- Classes at St. George’s Centre for ESL: Brochure and Information on ESL and LINC Classes as well as information for temporary Residents and Visitors
- Citizenship Class
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How to get to St.George’s Centre and School Bus Schedule
- LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada)
- Information for Temporary Residents and Visitors