The Student Senate is a link between the students and school board. The Senate is composed of one dedicated student representative from each of the board’s secondary schools selected by the student government of each of the secondary schools. Alternatives may be chosen at the discretion of the schools. Each senator attends a meeting once a month to share events taking place within their school, to present ideas or concerns, and to address and provide student voice on important issues. This is one of the places where student voices are heard!
Two student trustees were elected to serve on the Board for the 2023-24 school year:
- Brooke Hartley (left) is a student at Wellington Heights SS, representing rural schools
- Paige Knight (right) is a student at Orangeville District SS, representing urban schools
2023-2024 Meeting Dates
All meetings take place from 5-6:30 pm. virtually.
- September 26 (virtual meeting)
- October 17 (virtual meeting)
- November 28 (virtual meeting)
- December 19 (virtual meeting)
- January 16 (virtual meeting)
- February 20 (virtual meeting)
- March 26 (virtual meeting)
- April 16 (virtual meeting)
- May 21 (virtual meeting)
- June 11 (virtual meeting)
Make sure you follow our student trustees on social media this year:
Want to know more about being a Student Trustee?