The Student Senate is a link between the students and school board. The Senate is composed of one dedicated senior student representative from each of the board’s secondary schools selected by the student government of each of the secondary schools. Alternatives may be chosen at the discretion of the schools. Each senator attends a meeting once a month to share events taking place within their school, to present ideas or concerns, and to address and provide student voice on important issues. This is where student voices are heard!
Two student trustees were appointed to serve on the Board for the 2020-21 school year:
2020-21 Meeting Dates
All meetings take place from 5 to 7 p.m. in the UGDSB Board Office, 500 Victoria Road N., Guelph (unless otherwise noted)
- September 22 (virtual meeting)
- October 20 (virtual meeting)
- November 17 (virtual meeting)
- December 15 (virtual meeting)
- January 19 (virtual meeting)
- February 23 (virtual meeting)
- March 23 (virtual meeting)
- April 27 (virtual meeting) 5:00 – 6:30 pm
- May 18 (virtual meeting)
- June 15 (virtual meeting)
Make sure you follow our student trustees on social media this year:
Want to know more about being a Student Trustee?