Accessibility at the UGDSB
1 in 5 Ontarians have a disability. 70% of disabilities are invisible. Ontario has committed to full accessibility by 2025.
The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 is the first of its kind in Canada. People with disabilities should have the same kind of opportunities as everyone else. They should be able to do the things that most of us take for granted like going to work or school. That’s the goal of Ontario’s legislation. Businesses and organizations – like the Upper Grand District School Board – who provide goods and services to people in Ontario will have to meet certain accessibility standards in five important areas of our lives: Customer Service, Built Environment, Employment, Information and Communication, Transportation.
The Upper Grand District School Board is committed to ensuring that its services meet optimum standards of accessibility for people with disabilities.
We welcome your comments and feedback about accessibility issues at the Upper Grand District School Board.
- Send comments through the online Accessibility Feedback Form
- Send an email to [email protected]
- Telephone 519-822-4420, extension 741
Accessibility Policy and Procedures
The Upper Grand District School Board has developed new Accessibility Policy and Procedures that went into effect in March 2013:
- Annual Accessibility Report 2020-2021 (PDF)
- Annual Accessibility Report 2019-2020 (PDF)
- Annual Accessibility Report 2018-2019 (PDF)
- Annual Accessibility Report 2017-2018 (PDF)
- Annual Accessibility Report 2016-2017 (PDF)
- Annual Accessibility Report 2015-2016 (PDF)
- Annual Accessibility Report 2014-2015 (PDF)
- Annual Accessibility Report 2013-2014 (PDF)
- Annual Accessibility Report 2012-2013 (PDF)
- Annual Accessibility Report 2011-2012 (PDF)
Accessibility in the UGDSB at a glance:
- Celebrating our participants in the National Accessibility Week Challenge 2020
- National Accessibility Week Challenge 2020
- March 2020 Accessibility Challenge
- February 2020 Accessibility Challenge
- January 2020 Accessibility Challenge
- December 2019 Accessibility Challenge
- November 2019 Accessibility Challenge
Inclusive athletic programs
- Learn more about the UGDSB’s sledge hockey program
- Learn more about the UGDSB’s Patrick Anderson Wheelchair Basketball program
UGDSB employees have received online accessibility training that was customized to the board’s needs. Example of similar training provided by the Ontario Education Services Corporation (OESC) can be accessed on their site.
We All Have Ability Virtual Speakers Poster