Skip to Main Content

Ontario student transcript and other student records

Educational records requests are processed by the schools. 
Psycho-educational assessment records can be requested from the Grant Evans Education Centre.  

The Ontario Student Transcript (OST) is the legal document that lists the credits that a secondary school student has earned towards fulfillment of the requirements for the graduation diploma. This webpage will direct former students and third party requests to the process to request a transcript or other student records. If you are a student still enrolled in secondary school, please contact your school’s Guidance Department for assistance.

To obtain psycho-educational assessment records, please contact the Student Support and Program Services (SSPS) staff at the Grant Evans Education Centre.  These records are retained until the student is 31 years old.  Release of records is in accordance with the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA).  The request including the form is processed by SSPS staff.  Contact information is found on the Contact Us web page.

NOTE: Student records are confidential and can only be issued upon the written request of the student. Student records are subject to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA).  The remainder of this web page addresses requesting a legal transcript or replacement diploma.  Please be advised that the replacement diploma paper must be obtained from the Queen’s Printer and can take time to be received by the school for reprinting.

Ordering a transcript for application to college and university programs

If you are a student who has retired from Wellington, Dufferin or Upper Grand schools applying to college and university programs, you can arrange and pay to forward your transcript with an electronic process by following the appropriate link below:

Special notes: Your transcript fee will be added to your application fee and will be processed by credit card. You will not have an OEN (Ontario Education Number) if you left school prior to 2002. Enter zeroes in the OEN section if you do not have or cannot determine your OEN.

Send records request orders including third party requests to the last school attended

Former students of Wellington, Dufferin or Upper Grand schools or third parties with written consent from the former student can obtain the following records from the last school attended: Ontario Student Transcript, Letter of Attestation (Graduation, registration, attendance, English instruction) or replacement diploma. Visit the School Directory for postal addresses and phone numbers. If the last school attended was Arthur or Mount Forest District High School, contact Wellington Heights Secondary School. The contact information for the Continuing Education sites in Wellington and Dufferin County are found on the Continuing Education web page.

At UGDSB, the schools process these requests, unlike some boards that work centrally. The board office staff is unable to help with these records requests, unless extenuating circumstances exist.

STOP! Do NOT order a transcript with our application form
if you are applying to Ontario Colleges and Universities (follow the links above).

Complete the Request for Ontario Student Transcript and Replacement Diploma form and submit to the last school attended. The form may be submitted as an online form, with certification of personal information provided.  Third party requests must be made in writing and include a signed “authorization to release personal information” from your client and the identification.  Please address requests to the last school attended (see the School Directory).

Should you wish to have someone pick up your record(s), please complete the authorized release of requested record section on the request form. The person authorized to pick up the record will be asked to produce identification.


Present students are not charged for transcripts. Charges apply to students who have been retired for one year or more.  Effective September 1, 2019, past students or third parties will be charged $20.00 for the first copy and $5.00 for any additional transcript ordered at the same time.  Payment in the form of cash, cheque, money order or online debit/credit card options, if available, is required before the request is processed.  See the school website or contact the school who is processing the request for further details.

For paper transcripts, the charge is inclusive of regular postage to Canada or the United States. Any costs incurred for premium shipping (courier, express post, etc.) will be the responsibility of the applicant and must be submitted before processing. Discuss the details with the school processing the request.


Should you have any questions or concerns regarding the above, please contact the high school or Continuing Education site. Board office staff are unable to help.

Please note: The authorization for the collection of this information is in the Education Act and Ontario Student Record Guidelines. The purpose is to receive proof of identification for the release of school records. The school’s administrative staff will be the primary users of this information. Contact person for queries is the school principal.