Safe Practices – Wear a Mask, Watch your Distance & Wash your Hands
Vending Machines: DO NOT USE Bills in Vending Machines – Only use Coins or Debit Cards!
Wed. Dec. 6, 2023
- AM Songs: Morgan Wallen – Tennessee Fan (Lyric Video)(3:18) How You Remind Me(3:43)Bad Apple!! – Full Version w/video [Lyrics in Romaji, Translation in English](5:24) Confetti – Right Now (Audio)(2:33)
- Bus Delays: Bus 149 – 20-29 mins
- National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women (AE & SC): “It has been over 30 years since the murder of 14 young women at Polytechnique Montréal (December 6, 1989). This act of violent misogyny shook our country and led Parliament to designate December 6 as The National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women. Today, as we mourn the loss of these young women and we remember their lives, we reaffirm our commitment to fight the hatred that led to this tragedy, and the misogyny that still exists today. In Canada and around the world, women, girls and 2SLGBTQIA+ individuals face unacceptable violence and discrimination…..The National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women is about remembering those who have experienced gender-based violence and those who we have lost to it. It is also a time to take action. Achieving a Canada free from gender-based violence requires everyone living in this country to educate themselves and their families and communities on gender-based violence, centre the voices of survivors in our actions and speak up against harmful behaviours.” Source
- Curling (AE): Reminder to curlers – there is a curling practice today & you are excused today at 3:15.
- School Events (MY): ATTENTION CENTENNIAL! School Events is excited to announce that the annual Homeroom Door Decorating Challenge is back! This is open to all Centennial homerooms interested. Homeroom classes are encouraged to decorate their doors with winter-related themes in mind, like winter activities and winter holidays. Doors must be decorated by December 18th at the latest. The winner will be announced on the 21st, and there will be prizes for the top three homeroom doors, so don’t miss out! Let’s deck the halls!
- CS Club (MY): Any students interested in writing the University of Waterloo’s Canadian Computing Competition can find the signup form posted on the CS Club classroom (join code: xn246pw)
- Senior Boys Hockey (SC): The boys had a road trip to Erin yesterday and managed to win 6-5. Goal scorers were Nathan with 2, Kalyn with 2, Gareth and Matthew both scored a goal. Assists by Makai with 3, Matthew with 2, Nathan, Mason and Aiden each with 1!
- Green Team: Ms. Craig’s Pd. 3 Class
AM Reflection: “Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life.”
Tues. Dec. 5, 2023
- AM Songs: There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back(3:19) PinkPantheress – Nice to meet you (Lyrics) ft. Central Cee (2:43) Oshi no Ko – Opening FULL “Idol (アイドル)” by YOASOBI (Lyrics)(3:34) Master Of Puppets (Remastered)
- Bus Delays: #109 (10-19 mins)
- Student Council (AE): Good morning Spartans! Student council is running a snowflake making booth at lunch this Thursday and Friday! This is your chance to help decorate the halls, join us in the main hall at lunch.
- Girls Hockey (MY): please excuse the members of the girls hockey team at 2:00 today.
- Green Team: Mr. Bryson’s Pd. 3 Class
- AM Reflection: “Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are.” —Harold S. Kushner
Mon. Dec. 4, 2023
- Bus Delays: #146 and #810 (20-29 mins);
- Good morning Spartans, Your Student senators here! We wanted to let you know that there is a survey that has been posted to grade specific classroom, under “student senator information”. If you are able, please fill out the google form titled “ student senator – feminine hygiene products” by this Friday. This survey is to help us get a better understanding of some issues or concerns you have on this topic. Also don’t forget that if you have any comments or concerns that are not about this topic, there is the “student senator comment form” on grade classrooms as well!
- Green Team: Mr. Burton’s Pd. 3 Class
- AM Reflection: “Remember, there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” —Scott Adams
Fri. Dec. 1, 2023
- AM Songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg8BIMh_KgQ Taylor Swift – ME ! | ft.Brendon Urie | #taylorswift #me! #brendonurie #taylorswiftme Taymani – Pull Up (Official Music Video)
- Bus Delays: #145 (10-19 mins), #806 (30-44 mins)
- Social Responsibility: Today is the Bake sale, everything will be set up at the main hall and will be ready at lunch. Pizza and samosas will also be sold. We take cash only. All funds go to support Red Cross international relief efforts. We appreciate all who come!
- Grads:TODAY is the final day to sign up for Grad Tag. Don’t miss out on this great Grad tradition! Check the Grad classroom/Instagram or posters around the school for the link to the google form.
- Green Team: Mr. Baribeau’s Pd. 3 Class
- AM Reflection: Act as if what you do makes a difference, it does.
Thurs. Nov. 23, 2023
- AM Songs: Lean on Me(4:18) Tom’s Diner (Cover) – AnnenMayKantereit x Giant Rooks(4:33) Ellie Goulding – Love Me Like You Do (Official Video)(4:09)
- Bus Delays:
- Reminder: Tomorrow – Friday Nov 24th is a PA Day – No School
- Anti Bullying Week (SD): Today is the last day of Bullying Awareness and Prevention week, and our final theme is Action. If you see someone else being bullied, the easiest option may be to ignore it. However, through inaction, the bullying will only continue. It’s everyone’s responsibility to have no tolerance for bullying, and moving forward, we should all make an effort to take action against bullying when we see it. As well, today is the last day to contribute to the anti-bullying paper chain link. If you would like to be a part of it, come down to the main hall today at lunch.
- Desi Club (AE): Thank you to everyone who bought a Diwali Dance Ticket!!! If you paid for your ticket online and have not yet picked up your ticket, please pick it up RIGHT NOW in the front office. Can’t wait to see you all at the Dance tonight! Be there at 6pm and don’t be late! Check your email for details. Desi Club is also running a henna booth today at lunch – get a henna tattoo for just $5!
- Student council (SC): Hey Spartans – it’s getting close to that time of year. The holiday season is fast approaching and we have some fun events planned for you. The highlight of course… is the Marty’s Merry Everything talent assembly. So.. get your team… ask your clubs… gather your friends, and start planning your lip sync, dance, juggling act, comedy skit or whatever amazing talent you have. Set your alarm Spartans for the BLACK FRIDAY RELEASE. 12 noon tomorrow. Check your grade specific classroom to find the google form and sign up your crew.
- Green Team: Mr. Whatman’s Pd. 3 Class
- AM Reflection: “How wonderful it is that no one has to wait, but can start RIGHT NOW to gradually change the world!”- Anne Frank
- Have a thrilling Thursday & don’t come to school tomorrow!