The Special Education Department assists students through instructional support, consultation, monitoring, assessment and individual education planning. The Student Resource Rooms, A116 and A113, have been established to promote educational services for students according to their needs and abilities. Students, teachers, and school programs all play an important role in reaching this goal. The Resource Rooms have a variety of unique learning and behaviour strategies and programs in place to assist students.
These strategies and programs include:
- individual assistance to develop organizational and study skills
- individual attention in a wide variety of subject areas
- suggestions to classroom teachers as to how best meet student exceptionalities
- rooms A116 and A113 as rooms to work and get support
- extra time to write tests and exams
- grade 10 literacy test support
At the beginning of each semester, the teachers of an exceptional student are provided with the student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP). The IEP is regularly updated to accurately reflect the needs of the student. Please contact Erin Ambachtsheer at ext. 317, or by email [email protected] with any Special Education questions.
College and University Information
The website below provides up to date information about the process of identification for Ontario colleges and universities. The requirements are not the same at all schools and students are encouraged to carefully research the schools that they are considering.