The Ministry of Education is encouraging Ontario School Councils to have more input into the school community. There are parents who are unable to come into the school during the day to get a feel of how our school functions. Attending monthly meetings are a great way for parents/guardians to connect with the school. Come on out to our meetings, the last Thursday of every month at 7:00 p.m. in the school library. Check the school newsletter for the exact dates.
What we discuss at School Council:
- School Calendar – happenings in the school: who/what/where/when/why??
- Communication between school staff and School Council
- Issues: playground, scheduling, school routines, staff changes
- Feedback regarding standardized testing results i.e. EQAO
Where the fundraising dollars go:
- Class trip subsidy
- Art program
- Scientist in School
- Instrumental Music program
- Teachers wish list items not included in school budget
If you are unable to attend, please provide us with your comments and concerns regarding any of the above mentioned items or feel free to call Karen Rozema (Chair) at 519-574-3982