The Ministry of Education is encouraging Ontario School Councils to have more input into the school community. There are parents who are unable to come into the school during the day to get a feel of how our school functions. Attending monthly meetings are a great way for parents/guardians to connect with the school.
Our Next Meeting is October 2nd, 2019.
What we discuss at School Council:
- School Calendar – happenings in the school: who/what/where/when/why??
- Communication between school staff and School Council
- Issues: playground, scheduling, school routines, staff changes
- Feedback regarding standardized testing results ( i.e., EQAO)
- School needs
Where the fundraising dollars go:
- Class trip subsidy
- Art program
- Scientist in School
- Instrumental Music program
- Teachers wish list items not included in school budget
If you are unable to attend, please provide us with your comments and concerns regarding any of the above mentioned items or feel free to call Beth