Letter to Families
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Mr. Boyce and I would like to welcome everyone back to Minto Clifford Public School. The 2020-21 school year is going to be a new adventure for us all as we learn more about COVID19 and in school learning. The staff at Minto have been working hard to put in place the protocols outlined to the Board from Public Health. We are very proud of our school and excited to have students re-enter the building.
We would like to take some time to review some information which families will need to know:
- All students will come onto the yard and meet at their class’s meeting spot https://www.ugdsb.ca/minto/2020/08/31/september-start-up-information-for-families/
NO ONE will be dropping things off in the school before the bell rings
- Parents are not to come into the school and should not congregate on the yard before or after school.
- All students need to wear face covers (unless there is a medical issue of which the school is notified).
- Student cell phones are NOT permitted to be out of backpacks while at school and are encouraged to be kept at home if possible. (If phones come to school, they need to be powered off for the duration of the day). Please use the office to communicate messages to your child if needed.
- The walking path at the back of the school is open to George St at this time. All walkers will need to use this path because of the construction.
- All medication needs to be brought to school by an adult and forms need to be completed. https://www.ugdsb.ca/minto/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2017/09/509-1-Consent-Oral-Medication.pdf
- Parents dropping off students may park off site and walk their child to school. Parking in the school parking lot is limited therefore we encourage parking and walking. The Board has supplied a map which indicates park and walk locations. https://www.ugdsb.ca/minto/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2020/08/MCP-Parking-Map-2020-Draft-1.pdf
- If you are doing a Drop and GO with your child, please come into the parking lot and follow on the left side of the driveway (buses on the right). Stop inside the yellow zone and drop off your child on the driver’s side of the vehicle. They will meet our morning greeter at the crosswalk and be safely walked across the driveway.
- When parents are coming onto the yard at dismissal time please stay behind the closed gates until the bell rings as many of our classes will be participating in outdoor learning.
- First day packages will be coming home, please sign and return all forms.
- Please sign up for UGConnect, check our website, follow us on Twitter and ensure the school has your email address to receive information.
Finally we ask that you and your child(ren) take a moment to review a slide show that explains a few new items with photos. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1X5QolfEjmFlaaIp77vg4dP5FheZRAicktO9ulvdOS3I/edit?usp=sharing
We are excited to see our students return. If you have any questions please call or email.
Tracey Kuchma and Jason Boyce