How To Apply
To apply for the program you must:
- Be enrolled in Grade 8
- Complete the online application before December 6 at 3 pm. The application includes:
- biographical information
- student extracurricular involvement
- language assessment
- indication of two teachers (one must be your current math or language teacher) that GCVI will contact for a recommendation
- link to pay the $30 (non-refundable) application processing fee
- indication of the mathematic assessment date
- Provide a copy of your Grade 7 FINAL report card
- Write a virtual math problem-solving assessment on either Nov. 24 or Nov. 27 (preferred dates) or on Dec. 7th for applications coming in near the deadline.
Preparatory Program Assessments
Students will complete a language assessment which is a part of the online application. The language assessment asks students to reflect on the learner profile in short paragraphs.
Students will complete a virtual math problem-solving assessment on either:
- Wednesday, November 24th at 4:30 pm
- Saturday, November 27th at 9:30 am
- Tuesday, December 7th at 4:30 pm
*The applicant will indicate their preferred date on the online application.
The math assessment is based on grade 8 math, much of which will already be introduced to the student. The assessment is comprised of 15 multiple-choice problem-solving-based questions. The student is encouraged to attempt each question.
Notification of Acceptance (Dec. 13, 2021)
An IB Admissions Committee will review each application and grant acceptance to those students who qualify in terms of academic record, learning skills, and past performance. These students will be notified of their acceptance into the program by letter (email). Successful applicants will be offered a seat in the program. Students who are offered a spot on the waitlist will also receive notice of their waitlist status. Students who are declined will also be notified.
Notice of acceptance date: Monday, December 13 –at 3:30 pm.
Confirmation (Jan. 7, 2022)
Students must confirm their seat in the IB Programme by responding to the offer by google form which is sent by email with the acceptance, and by notifying their elementary home school. Students who do not communicate their intention by the deadline will automatically be declined admission to the programme.
If you have questions, please contact Alexandra (Sandy) Zahnd at [email protected] or call 519.824.9800 ext. 332