Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test
Each year, the Education Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO) conducts the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test (OSSLT) for all grade 10’s and those previously eligible writers. This provincial test measures the performance of grade 10 students on the reading and writing expectations in all subjects up to, and including, grade 9. Successful completion of the OSSLT is a graduation requirement.
What to do if you are anxious:
- Talk to any of your teachers
- Talk to your grade 9 or English teachers for advice
- Make sure you take advantage of class time related to OSSLT
- Make an appointment with student services – guidance, special Ed, or student success
- Sign-up for Pass The Test Program – PTTP that teaches to the test
- Make sure you know when, where, and how the test will be written
- If you have an IEP, use it!
(Click on the poster to enlarge)
SPEAK TO MS.INSLEY IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS