The English curriculum is based on the belief that language learning is critical to responsible and productive citizenship, and that all students can become successful language learners. The curriculum is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills that they need to achieve this goal. It aims to help students become successful language learners.
Successful Language Learners
- understand that language learning is a necessary, life-enhancing, reflective process;
- communicate – that is, read, listen, view, speak, write, and represent – effectively and with confidence;
- make meaningful connections between themselves, what they encounter in texts, and the world around them;
- think critically;
- understand that all texts advance a particular point of view that must be recognized, questioned, assessed and evaluated;
- appreciate the cultural impact and aesthetic power of texts;
- use language to interact and connect with individuals and communities, for personal growth, and for active participation as world citizens.
|Ms. Laura Beal||Ext email@example.com|
|Ms. Ashley Gibson
|Mr. Dirk Schouten||Ext firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. Cassandra Mota||Ext email@example.com|
|Ms. Erin Greig||Ext firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. Robin Feick||Ext email@example.com|