The study of math goes beyond numbers and equations. You will learn to problem solve; communicate complex ideas; and create, understand, and critique arguments—all critical skills that will prepare you to work in any job.
Students need to equip themselves with essential mathematical knowledge and skills but most importantly, with the ability and attitude to continue on their own learning. The development of mathematical knowledge is a gradual process. Students need to display a consistent and committed effort in order to help students recognize the underlying principles of mathematics.
Using a variety of instructional, assessment and evaluation strategies, teachers provide numerous opportunities for students to develop skills of inquiry, reasoning, problem solving and communication as they investigate and learn fundamental concepts. Opportunities to relate knowledge and skills to these wider contexts – to the goals and concerns of the world in which they live – will motivate students to learn and to become lifelong learners.
Mr. Tyler Bruce
Head of Department
Ph.: 519.833.9665 ext 436
Erin District High School 14 Boland Drive,
Erin, Ontario Canada N0B 1T0
|Ms. Melissa Beukeboomfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. Laura DiIulioemail@example.com|
|Ms. Elena Rusufirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. Megan Millenemail@example.com|
Extra Help for Students
EDHS MATH CLINIC
- Open to all students everyday at lunch.
- Extra math help available from an EDHS math teacher.
- Well attended by students to get extra help, complete homework, and study individually or in small groups
|Homework Help!||FREE online math help resource for students in grades 7-10 funded by the Ontario government and administered by TVO’s Independent Learning Centre.
· Provides live, one-on-one tutoring from Ontario teachers, interactive tutorials, lessons and online math tools (scientific calculator).
|Khan Academy||FREE online instructional videos, practice exercises, and a personalized learning dashboard.
· Subjects include math, science, computing, history, art history, economics, and more from kindergarten to introductory university level.