Booking Guidance Appointments
Welcome back Royals!
Starting September 7th the JFR Guidance staff will be doing in person appointments. Please use this website to find the counsellor you would like to meet with and book with them. Please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please only leave class at the start of your appointment as we are trying to maintain all Social Distancing guidelines. If there is not space inside the waiting room please wait quietly in the hall outside of Guidance.
- Masks are mandatory at all times in the school – this includes the Guidance area.
- The expectation is that when your appointment is complete you leave the Guidance area in a quick and effective manner. Your counsellor will send you with a time slip to show your teacher when the appointment was completed.
- The Guidance area is for students who booked appointments only. It is currently not open for students to ‘drop in’ unless previously discussed with a member of the wellness team. If you need extra supports through Guidance during the day and there are no appointments available please reach out to your homeroom teacher and they will contact someone in the Guidance office.
NOTE: ON TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 7TH AND WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 8TH THE GUIDANCE TEAM WILL BE OFFERING LATE AFTERNOON/EARLY EVENING APPOINTMENTS DIGITALLY. IF YOU BOOK A TIME SLOT AFTER 3:00PM PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL BE MEETING WITH YOUR COUNSELLOR ON GOOGLEMEET OR VIA A PHONE CALL.
You can book appointments with a guidance counsellor or someone in the Wellness Centre. If a guidance counsellor is booked up on a certain day, please feel free to check another counsellor to see if they have available times.
For the counsellors below, click on their name and you will be directed to an email. Please let them know why you want to see them, when you are available, and a phone number they can reach you.
|Ms. Chen (Social Worker)
|Ms. Sealey (Child & Youth Couns.)
1. Click on the counsellor below whom you wish to meet with.
2. You will be redirected to a calendar.
3. Click on an appointment slot you want. If there are no time slots, you can choose another counsellor.
4. A pop-up box will appear when you choose a time slot. In that pop-up box add:
a. Describe what you wish to discuss (eg. personal, timetable changes, pathways planning etc.).
b. Which class/course you will be leaving for your appointment
5. Once you click “save” in the pop-up box, you will automatically be booked and the appointment will show up in your UGcloud google calendar. You will also receive a notification in your email.
Head of Guidance
Specialist High Skills Major
Student Success and Guidance
|Ms. Carolyn Frielink
ESL and International Studentsemail: [email protected]
|Mrs. Christine Frielink
|Mr. Chris Muller
|Mrs. Jennifer Maahs
|Ms. St. Jean