Cooperative Education is a unique educational process designed to promote skill development, individual career development and self-awareness by integrating classroom learning with planned and supervised practical experiences in a community placement.
- Cooperative education is an experiential mode of learning that integrates academic study and classroom theory with experiences at the work site. This form of education assists students in making career decisions as well as in developing knowledge, skills, and attitudes essential in today’s society.
- The subject-specific coop course is based on a “related” course in which the student is enrolled or which he/she has successfully completed.
- Cooperative education includes a classroom component, comprising pre-placement and integration activities and a placement component.
- First Day Sheet
- First Day Sheet Long Version (Course expectations and outcomes)
- Careers/Co-op Education Continuum
- Example of a Personalized Placement Learning Plan (PPLP)