Co-operative education at Norwell connects academic learning with work experience in the field. Co-op is a partnership between the school and the local employers and organizations who make the experience possible.
Co-op provides you with the ability to:
- Explore career opportunities you might take after you graduate
- Learn about the workplace and your areas of strength and need
- Network with professionals in your community
- Develop technical and work related skills
How Co-op works:
- Co-op can be taken in either semester.
- You will experience a true job search process where you apply and possibly compete for jobs.
- You will complete a pre-placement component before entering the workforce.
- You will work agreed upon hours during the semester and come back to the school occasionally for in-school days.
- Your work experience will be unique to you as will your learning goals and expectations on the job.
- Your employer will evaluate your performance.
- You will receive high school credits and a Co-operative Education certificate upon successful completion.
Talk to Mr.Smith if you have any questions!
Are you a local business/company with a CO-OP placement opportunity? Call Mr.Smith today! 519-343-3107 ext. 329