The Upper Grand District School Board is once again offering an extensive selection of courses this summer for students. There are several summer school program options:
- Full credit (4 weeks)
- Co-op Program
- Dual Credit
- Literacy and/or numeracy support for grade 7 & 8 students
- Study Abroad Opportunities
* Please note: students may only register for one summer school program and we do not offer “reach-ahead” credits for students currently finishing grade 8.
Complete Summer School information will be available on our website www.ugdsb.ca/continuing-education and at High School Guidance offices in early May 2018.
Summer School offers a selection of Secondary Credit Courses from Grade 9-12.
Locations: Centennial CVI, Guelph
Dates: New Credit programs will run July 4- July 27 & Credit Recovery programs will run July 4- July 13
Time: 8:30am – 2:45pm daily
Remedial Grade 7 & 8 English and Mathematics is offered from July 9 – July 20, 2018. Information will be available at your child’s school in early May.
Please note that classes will only run with sufficient enrolment. Students will only be contacted if classes are not running.
Please call the Summer School Office for any inquiries 519-822-1426.
Summer Co-op programs integrate classroom theory, some online work and practical experience in the workplace. All students can benefit from a co-op experience regardless of the post-secondary destination of choice. Students earn two high school credits by participating in this program. This program is intended for Upper Grand or Wellington Catholic students, at least 14 years of age, who have completed the grade 10 Careers course or a course linked to desired area of work. Please find more information on our
To register, students need to do the following (also, see our Summer School Co-op Registration Help Sheet for some tips):
- Record CODE (provided after successfully completing the online form) on the paper application form
- Get two teacher reference forms completed and submit to guidance
- Find at least 2 possible placement choices and gather contact information for application – students outside the City of Guelph must discuss with semester 2 co-op teacher – contact info will be needed for the online application form
- Sign and have parent/guardian sign the paper application form
- Submit complete package to guidance at their home school
Dual Credits are college courses that count on both your secondary school diploma as well as a college program. This summer, in partnership with Conestoga College, we will be offering courses at the Doon Campus. Course details will be published following March Break – please check back.
There will be a limited number of spots in each of the courses (on a first come, first registered basis), and they are only open to students 16 years of age or older from Upper Grand DSB or Wellington Catholic DSB. Transportation will be provided for accepted students from locations across the Boards. To register, complete the following form and bring it to Guidance at your home school, to be forwarded to Continuing Education.
Secondary school students have the opportunity to earn Ontario high school credits while travelling abroad. For further information, please click the image below
Students who are achieving below the Provincial Standard (level 2 or below) in English and/or mathematics, can be recommended by their Principal to participate in one of our summer programs. Please speak to the Principal at your school for a registration form.
|Wellington Centre for Continuing Education
1428 Gordon St. S.
Ph: (519) 836-7280
Fax: (519) 837-0244
|Dufferin Centre for Continuing Education
40 Amelia St.
Ph: (519) 941-2661
Fax: (519) 942-2353