What is the SHSM Agriculture Program?
The SHSM-Agriculture enables students to build a foundation of sector-focused knowledge and skills before graduating and entering a postsecondary destination, whether it be apprenticeship training, college, university, or an entry level position in the workplace. Depending on local circumstances, the SHSM-Agriculture may be designed to have a particular focus- for example, on agricultural equipment or animal and crop science.
Schools supporting this sector
- Centre Wellington DHS
- College Heights SS
- John F. Ross CVI
Why get involved?
- Explore careers in agriculture through work placements
- Feeding and caring for farm animals
- Networking with local agricultural businesses
- Field trips to a farmers’ market or farm machinery supplier
- Touring of local Colleges and Universities
- Graduate with a SHSM seal of designation on your secondary school diploma
- Earn a Specialist High Skills Major designation on OSSD transcript
- Gain valuable industry specific work experience and knowledge
The SHSM-Agriculture Program will help students develop:
- A sound foundation to learn in the Agricultural industry
- Animal grooming, pesticide handling, and grain grading skills
- Personal management skills
- Teamwork skills
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
Get Started Now
Talk to your school SHSM Lead or guidance counsellor to register.
For FAQ, click here!