What is the SHSM Arts and Culture Program?
The Arts and Culture major enables students to gain skills and knowledge in their preferred sector. Depending on local circumstances, students may be able to choose a focus area such as dance, dramatic arts management, or technical production.
Schools supporting this sector
- Centennial CVI
- Centre Dufferin DHS
- Centre Wellington DHS
- College Heights SS
- Erin DHS
- Guelph CVI
- John F. Ross CVI
- Norwell DSS
- Orangeville DSS
- Wellington Heights SS
- Westside SS
Why Get Involved?
- Attend a conference, symposium, or job fair
- Explore careers in the arts through work placements
- Networking with local arts-based businesses
- Participate in an arts-focused competition
- Touring of local museums, theatres, or art galleries
- Graduate with a SHSM seal of designation on your secondary school diploma
- Earn a Specialist High Skills Major designation on OSSD transcript
- Gain valuable industry-specific work experience and knowledge
The SHSM-Arts and Culture Program will help students develop:
- A strong foundation to learn in the Arts
- An artistic portfolio, animation skills, and technical staging skills
- Personal management skills
- Teamwork skills
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
Get Started Now
Talk to your school SHSM Lead or guidance counsellor to register.