What is the SHSM Health and Wellness Program?
The Health and Wellness major allows students to build a foundation of knowledge and skills in their preferred sector. Students may be able to choose an area of focus within this program, such as healthcare, fitness, or child care.
Schools supporting this sector
- Centennial CVI
- Centre Dufferin DHS
- Centre Wellington DHS
- College Heights SS
- Guelph CVI
- John F. Ross CVI
- Norwell DSS
- Orangeville DSS
- Wellington Heights SS
- Westside SS
Why Get Involved?
- Coaching or assisting an elementary school student
- Experience the healthcare environment through work placements
- Networking with local healthcare professionals
- Volunteer at a long-term care facility
- Attend a health and wellness sector career fair
- Touring of local Colleges and Universities
- Graduate with a SHSM seal of designation on your secondary school diploma
- Earn a Specialist High Skills Major designation on OSSD transcript
- Gain valuable industry specific work experience and knowledge
The SHSM-Health and Wellness Program will help students develop:
- A strong foundation to learn in Health industries
- Lab practices and first aid skills
- Personal management skills
- Teamwork skills
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
Get Started Now
Talk to your school SHSM Lead or guidance counsellor to register.
For FAQ, click here!