What is the SHSM Information and Communications Technology Program?
The Information and Communications Technology major focuses on communication and computer systems, as well as software and digital media areas. Students gain valuable skills and work experience that will help them explore career options in their preferred sector.
Schools supporting this sector
- Centennial CVI
- Centre Wellington DHS
- Guelph CVI
- Wellington Heights SS
- Westside SS
Why Get Involved?
- Explore Communications careers through work placements
- Networking with local ICT businesses
- Attend a conference, symposium, or job fair
- Field trips to a TV/film studio or network monitoring centre
- Participate in an ICT-focused contest or competition
- Touring of local Colleges and Universities
- Graduate with a SHSM seal of designation on your secondary school diploma
- Earn a Specialist High Skills Major designation on OSSD transcript
- Gain valuable industry specific work experience and knowledge
The SHSM-Information and Communications Technology program will help students develop:
- A strong foundation to learn in the Communications industry
- Computer hardware, photography, and software skills
- Personal management skills
- Teamwork skills
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
Get Started Now
Talk to your school SHSM Lead or guidance counsellor to register.