What is the SHSM Construction Program?
The Construction Specialist High Skills Major is an innovative, integrated Architectural Design and Building Construction program that allows the student to progress through the construction process from the design and drawing stage, to the actual construction of a variety of structures.
Schools supporting this sector
- Centennial CVI
- Centre Dufferin DHS
- Centre Wellington DHS
- College Heights SS
- Guelph CVI
- John F. Ross CVI
- Norwell DSS
- Orangeville DSS
- Wellington Heights SS
Why get involved?
- Design and develop a construction project
- Fabricate a variety of structures
- Experience the design or construction environment through work placements
- Relate their studies in core subject areas to chosen interest area
- Graduate with a SHSM seal of designation on your secondary school diploma
- Earn a Specialist High Skills Major designation on OSSD transcript
- Gain valuable industry specific work experience and knowledge
The SHSM-Construction program will help students develop:
- A strong foundation to learn in the Construction industry
- Scaffold safety, traffic control skills, first aid skills
- Personal management skills
- Teamwork skills
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
Get Started Now
Talk to your school SHSM Lead or guidance counsellor to register.
For FAQ, click here!